2 naan flatbreads (homemade – see recipe above- or store bought)
1 yellow squash, cut in half and then into moon slices
1 portobello mushroom cap, sliced
8 asparagus spears, ends off and sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1/3 cup Kraft French Onion Dip
salt and pepper
1. Arrange vegetables on a grill tray, lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Place on preheated grill over medium heat, cover, and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from grill and set aside.
2. Taking 2 flatbreads, spread about 1 TBS Kraft French Onion Dip on top of each. Arrange vegetables evenly on top of the dip, then dollop remaining dip on top of vegetables.
3. Place on the grill, close, and cook for 3-5 minutes, checking to make sure they don’t burn. Remove and set aside for 2-5 minutes.
4. Slice in half and serve immediately.
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
5 pound rump of beef
2 or 3 tablespoons fat or oil
2 onions, sliced, or 10-12 small white onions, peeled
1 or 2 carrots, scraped and cubed
Herbs and other seasonings as desired
1 cup liquid (wine, bouillon, tomatoes, vegetable broth, etc.)
Other vegetables as desired
Season the flour with the salt and pepper and pound the mixture into the meat with the edge of a plate. Brown meat on all sides in the hot fat or oil. Add the onions, cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes. Add the carrots, herbs, seasonings and liquid. Cover tightly and simmer 3 1/2 – 5 hours, until meat is fork tender. Add desired vegetables during the last 20 or 30 minutes.
Pot Roast Variations
1. For part of the liquid, use a 10-ounce can (1 1/3 cups) of puréed tomatoes. For seasoning, add 1 tablespoon minced parsley or dill. When the meat has been removed from the pan, add 1 cup sour cream to the sauce.
2. For the liquid, use 3/4 cup dry white wine, 2 tablespoons brandy or rum, and 1 tablespoon chili sauce. For seasoning, add 4-6 coriander seeds and 12 peppercorns.
3. For the liquid, use 1/2 cup syrup from canned fruit, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1 beef bouillon cube. For seasoning, add a pinch of powdered fennel and a teaspoon of minced dill.
4. For the liquid, use half dry vermouth, half chicken bouillon.
1/2 cup mulled apple cider
1/4 cup milk or cream
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
dash of cinnamon
Combine apple cider, cream, and ice creamed.
Blend with a blender for a minute until well combine.
Pour into a glass and then top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon, cubes
1/2 cup coconut water or water (add more as needed)
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup, grade B
1 large lemon or 2 limes, squeezed
1 fresh banana
Optional: add a few pinches of cayenne for a spicy kick!
Party cocktail version: add 1-2 shots of your fave alcohol
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender like a Vitamix and blend until frosty. Note: Start off with just 1/4 cup of the water liquid and add more in splashes as needed to blend.
Pour into frosted glasses to keep cool, garnish with lime or fresh watermelon sliced.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
(Source: Kathy Patalsky)
YIELD: 4 Servings
ACTIVE TIME: 2 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 minutes
1 granny smith apple
1 slice lemon
2 slices cheddar cheese, cut in half
2 slices deli turkey or ham, cut in half
1. Slice the apple into 1/2 inch thick slices. Rub the apple with the lemon wedge to prevent from going brown.
2. Slice the cheddar cheese into 1/2 inch wide slices and the ham in 1/2 or in 1/4 (the ham needs to be large enough to wrap around the apple).
3. Place an apple slice and a cheese slice on top of the deli meat and fold over deli meat to wrap.