Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
Crispy golden brown sweet corn fritters with all of the flavors of jalapeno poppers including jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.
- 2 cups corn (~4 ears)
- 1/2 cup flour* (or corn flour, or rice flour, etc)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2+ jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix the corn, flour, egg, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon, paprika, coriander, green onion, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, form into 1/4 cup patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Note: Use enough flour that the mixture holds together to form patties.