An easy, delicious vegan stew (but you don’t have to tell anyone it’s vegan!). Serve with a green salad and crunchy whole grain bread.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
• 5 teaspoons curry powder
• 6 cups small cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
• 2 15 1/2-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
• 2 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
• 1 Bunch Kale cleaned and ripped into small pieces
• 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk*
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add curry powder and stir 20 seconds. Add cauliflower and garbanzo beans; stir 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes with chiles, then coconut milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil gently until cauliflower is tender and liquid thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 16 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!