This is an easy, pretty dessert. It can be used for Passover too.
3/4 cup sugar
1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
boiling water, for baking in
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Brown sugar in a saucepan till a medium dark golden brown, but not burnt and then QUICKLY transfer to the bottom of a pie plate(you may add a few tablespoons of water to help it melt).
3. In a large bowl beat the eggs and then add the 2 cans of milk and vanilla extract, mixing well.
4. Pour mixture into pie plate.
5. Using a larger pan that the pie plate will fit in, fill half way with the boiling water, place in oven, and then place pie plate in the middle of the large pan.
6. Bake for approximately 45 – 55 minutes. The center should be soft and firm but not liquidy.
7. Let cool and then after running a knife around the edge to separate, flip over onto a serving dish.